Next Trataka Session: Saturday, May 20, 2017. Read details.
Trataka And The Amazing Benefits Of Candle Gazing
The practice of candle gazing has a number of amazing benefits, including opening up your 3rd eye (pineal gland), improved eyesight, focus, concentration and much more! This technique has been used for thousands of years in many cultures including ancient Egyptians and those of Indus Valley.
The simple technique is an excellent introduction to the art and science of meditation. People of all ages and stress levels can immediately feel the benefits, one of the first being improved eyesight.
Benefits of Trataka:
• Improves eyesight and vision.
• Improves concentration, intelligence and memory.
• Excellent method as preparation for mantra meditation.
• Enhances self-confidence, patience and willpower.
• Develops greater work efficiency and productivity.
• Calms the mind and provides inner peace and silence.
• Brings greater clarity in mind and improves decision-making ability.
• Helps to overcome mental, behavioral and emotional ailments.
• Provides stress relief and deep relaxation.
• Deepens the sleep and cures sleep related disorders such as headache, insomnia, nightmares, etc.
• According to Gherand Samhita (shloka 5.54), Trataka promotes clairvoyance or perception of subtle manifestations.